The very important thing you should know about E-Publishing services is that they are not exactly “publishers”. You’re thinking: uh, what? Publishing wears different outfits these days, so try to think of e-publishing as working with book makers who distribute to retailers.
The changes to the publishing dynamics can be a very good thing because while e-publishers can bring your book to life and available to the public, e-publishers will not require you to wait on their time lines, approvals, revisions. Nor will they assign you a large bill for marketing and distribution services which they cannot guarantee outcomes for.
So what DO e-publishers do for you? The offerings vary but a few of the consistent services offered are these:
- E-publishers allow you to keep the rights to your book: they don’t own your soul or your book decisions which are pricing, cover, revisions, etc.
- They provide you with an ISBN number. Great right? It is registered, official and search-able.
- Your edited work is formatted into a book, eBook or other. You start off with a stack of pages that you filled and then suddenly you have a book.
- Distribution of your e-published book to a retailer takes place for little or no cost. Your work is made available for purchase on-line.
- The bonus of having Alpha Sutra Press doing the self-publishing or e-publishing for you, you don’t need to have much technical expertise.
Please follow our blog where you can read articles about: